April 07, 2012

What is Easter without chocolate eggs?

Today was a great day. Today I learned how to make homemade chocolate eggs or Ovos de Chocolate. My host mom showed me how and I have to say I did a great job. Of course there was a little bit of taste testing involved too which I took part in as well. First we melted chocolate in a pot. Next we took the egg molds and spooned in enough chocolate to cover the sides of the mold and put them in the freezer to set. After a few minutes in the freezer we took them out and repeated the process two more times. Afterwards we wrapped them in tin foil and filled one half with candy and covered it up with the other half. Finally, to finish of the work, we put another layer of colorful wrapping and sealed it with a bow. We had to make a lot for the family we will be visiting tomorrow for Easter and it took all day but overall it was a lot of fun.

Feliz Pascoa Todo Mundo!

Cori


This is what the eggs look like before and after they are finished.

 Above: My nephew wanted to help but more or less wanted to just eat the chocolate.

Below: My Host Mom making a chocolate egg

Above: My nephew with the egg my grandma bought for him. These eggs are common to buy for your family members. You can buy them at like any store.

Below: Bis are these wafer chocolate bars that we filled the eggs with. They are very good.

 Above: Again my host mom making chocolate eggs.

Below: This is me helping make a chocolate egg. I did pretty good for my first try. :)
And of course the finished product. Tomorrow we get to eat them. Yummy Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your blog and your exchange experience stories. I'd like to inform you about an intersting project... Could I have your contact?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love your blog and your exchange experience stories. I'd like to inform you about an intersting project... Could I have your contact?

    ReplyDelete