Once again the Olympic games has come and cheering for two countries has been so cool! I get so excited when Brazil wins games and so far they have been doing great! I don't often get to see the USA play but they show the satistics and what not online. During the opening cerimony and watching Brazil walk out made me feel so much pride and happiness for my new found home. I was so excited to see all the people competeing for this lovely country. So far Brazil has been dominating in men's soccer and the women's soccer team just recently lost a few days ago to Great Britain but I think it was jut a lucky shot. But the ladies still did an awesome job! The USA has been doing great as well, just recently getting another gold medal for women's artistic gymnastics. Congradulations ladies on a job well done! I do have to say that when Team USA walked out during the opening ceremoney (150 or so countries later...) I cried because I was filled with joy for my home country. The hardest part is when Brazil and the USA play against eachother and I'm like "Oh! Yeah! No, eh! wait err..." Quite difficult to cheer when you don't want either player to lose. My host mom thinks this is funny.
I have a funny story too:
My host mom: "Silver for Brasil!"
Me: "Woo Gold for the United States"
My host mom (Smiling): "Ehhh..."
Both of us: Laughing!
This place feels like home now and it's like weird to be thinking about "going home" in less than 6 months. So I'm going to make the best of the time I have left.
Good luck to all the new exchange students coming to Brazil in the next few days. You are going to fall in love with this country for sure. I hope the experience is rewarding and that you go home with tons of memories of the best semseter/year of your life.
Cori
No comments:
Post a Comment