August 18, 2011

Full Application Done, Now I Must Wait...

So I finally turned in my full application in the beginning of August (I know it's a little late to tell you) but I have been waiting and waiting. I just can't wait to hear the news if I got accepted and get info on my host family and where I'll be going and my school. I especially can't wait to here about when I'm going to be traveling. I have a small range of days but it'll make me feel better knowing the exact day so I can start a count down even though I have been mentally counting down the months slowly. The months since I started this crazy adventure have flown by. It seems just like yesterday that I filled out the first application to get accepted into AFS back in the middle of March. Now to think I have only 6 months till I leave. It's kinda scary! I'll be starting school in a week and I'll only be completing 1 semester of school then I graduate. It feels like such a long time and yet the more I think about it, the more it feels like I'm running out of time to do stuff. I'll be missing all the good parts of senior year and right now it kinda feels like I'm going to be missing out and yet when I'm finally on my exchange I won't be thinking about my graduation ceremony, I'll be thinking about my new life in Brazil for the next year. AGH!! It's so crazy to think about!!! I'm going to make this the best semester of high school yet so then when I'm down in Brazil I can say that it wasn't a total loss and mom is happy as well that she doesn't have to sit through the long graduation ceremony at the end of the year and neither do so I guess it will all work out in the end. I know Brazil is going to be great and I can't wait so hurry up AFS! I excited to here the good news!

Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment