This is my blog where I will update my progress to reaching my goal of traveling abroad to Brazil for a year. Below there is a link to the AFS website and if you want to learn some words in portuguese I put google translate also.
March 25, 2012
Barra Bonita
I had an AFS conference in Barra Bonita last weekend. It was great because I got to meet other exchange students from around the world and that live near me in the next city. There were 8 of us total that were newbies to Brazil. 1 girl from New Zealand, 1 boy from Germany, 1 boy from Japan and 2 girls and 2 boys from Thailand. Later we met up with a boy from France and a girl from Italy and another girl from Thailand. During the day we went over culture shock, rules, and such. We got new information about different things we needed to know with AFS. Later that night, we were allowed to go out to a music concert that was playing near where we were staying. The music and singers were really bad so we ended up just walking around and seeing the town. We chatted a lot about Brazil and our home towns and countries. Afterwards, we met up with our AFS volunteers and ate pizza. Now I have to tell you that it's not the pizza you are used to. It's the same concept but it looks and tastes very different. Oh and it's very common to find chicken and corn with the light amount of tomato sause. Also whole olives and whole slices of tomatoes are usually on top as well. So if you ever visit Brazil, Pizza is not as good as you think. You are better off buying Brazilian style food because it tastes much better. : ) After sleeping and having a nice typical Brazilian breakfast, we left to go back home. It was a great experience and I'm so glad AFS does things like this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment