On Tuesday I went to São Paulo with my class. It was so much fun. We left the school at 11:30 pm and we drove on a bus for six hours to São Paulo. I tried to sleep but of course like in any group of teenagers, there are the ones that just don't want to sleep. So instead they sang all different types of songs. It was funny because they were very much off key but it was frustrating too because I was trying to get some sleep! So we arrived at our first destination which was the Museo de Futebol. We were too early to enter so we walked around in the Stadium for a bit then we went to this little outside Mercado (market). It is really cool to go to markets here because there are things I have never seen before. Lots of exotic fruits and of course some familiar fruits as well like Morango (Strawberry), Abacaxi (Pineapple), and Maça (Apple). They also had "Fair" food that you could buy. I tried a Pastel for the first time. It was really good. It's a filling of different varieties of meats, cheeses, and vegetables fried inside two pieces of dough. When it's done it has a flaky outside and it's warm on the inside. You can even get ones that have chocolate or bananas inside. The one I tried was carne com chedder. It was delicious. I also got to try a fruit called a Kaki. It looks like a tomato but its got a really sweet gooey inside. Very good and sticky!
So once we were finally inside the museo de futebol, we got to see all the exhibits and we were pretty much alone because we got there first thing in the morning. It has all sorts of exhibits tell the past about Brazilian futebol (Pronounced Fu-chee-bol by the way). It talked about the different players and history of soccer. It even talked about the different crazy moves that players do and how to do them. I'm probably not gonna try them though. haha. At one point we got to see how fast we kick a ball into the goal. I kicked 77 km/s. Yeah that's a good score! When left for lunch at around 11 am we went to this huge mall (and I mean HUGE) for lunch. We got to walk around afterwards and you'll never guess what I saw...A store called "Cori"!!!! Spelled just like I spell it. I was so happy that I took a photo to remember how awesome I am. lol
Afterwards, we went to a large university and walked around the science fair they were hosting. It was pretty cool. There were lots of different exhibits but sadly I wasn't able to understand anything. Well from what I saw, the people put really hard work into their projects and they were very professionally done.
Finally we started our journy home and you'll never guess but all the boys slept the whole way home. haha. I slept too a little bit. It was uncomfortable on the bus but that's okay. I could sleep in the next day because my class did not have school tomorrow. All in all it was a fun trip and I'm glad I went on it.
Tchau,
Cori
Museo de Futebol
São Paulo Skyline
My class up above and below
Yes the store named after me really does exist!
No comments:
Post a Comment