July 04, 2012

4th of July

So just like I said, I'm writing a post from a normal day but today in the United States is an important day in history when we became the United States of America and not the colonies of Great Britian. It's a day we remember our history and of course have parties and fireworks to celebrate. Thinking about a great day in U.S. history made me have a lot of pride for my country. I really enjoyed remembering the U.S. flag waving and the national anthem being sung and played. I missed it a lot but I sang it in my head all day. And luckily enough for me, I even got to experience fireworks as well. Lots of people in Palmital just light off fireworks at night for fun and there happened to be some people near my house lighting them off.

Today was also the start to the winter holidays so I didn't have school today and I won't for the next three weeks. It's time to relax and hang out with friends. Many people have off work as well. July is known as the month of breaks here in Palmital. Of course a three week break is nothing compared to the summer break you are having right now but its better than nothing.

I also find out the I'm going to be switching homes because my host grandfather is sick and will be coming to live in my host family's house. So there wom't be room for me as well and so sadly my family has to give me up. I'll still be living in Palmital so I can still visit them. I'll also be going to the same school as well which is good because I'm already used to the teachers and the materials and I've made friends. It would be difficult to start over again.

Tchau,

Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment