January 04, 2013

Less than a week

So I have less than a week left until I go home. I'm feeling quite a time strain because I still have lots of things I need to do with my friends. I want to make sure I spend time and see all my friends one more time before I leave. I also have to pack my suitcase but I'm going to do that Thursday. No worried yet. It's weird to think after all this time my exchange is coming to an end. When I arrived, I had all this time and I thought it would take forever to pass but it actually went really fast.

Something else sad happened to my city. A girl from my city was living in the Kansas studying English. She went home for the new year and then left the 2nd of January and died on the airplane after experiencing discomfort. No one knows what the cause of her death is. People in my city think it was heart problems while stories from the US say that she was smuggling drugs but they are all just stories.To get her body back to Brazil her family had to raise R$21,500 or US$10,750. That's a lot of money. They were able to raise the money in 4 hours. Yes my little city of 23,000 people raised R$21,500 in 4 hours. That's pretty amazing and yet sad as well. My condolences go out to the family. I miss my mom and would hate for the last time we talked was on skype. My friends are all worried for me now to go on the plane. They keep saying to get up and walk around and drink lots of water and such.

All for now,

Cori

1 comment:

  1. Amazing city Cori was privledged to live in and be a part of. May God bless the family.

    ReplyDelete